Can I apply?
You need to be able to answer yes to the statements below:
- I live in Derbyshire or Nottinghamshire (excluding Nottingham City) or County Durham (Chester Le Street, Stanley, Mid Durham)
- I have a firm offer of a job, training course or college place, and am able to produce written proof; OR
- I am already in work, training or college, but am struggling to get there
- I have checked, and there is no easy public transport for my journey
- I am at least 16 years old
- If under 18, I have my parents’ or guardians’ consent to join the scheme
For bicycles only:
- I understand that there is an allocated amount for the purchase of a bicycle on my behalf
For moped loan only:
- I have, or have applied for, a provisional driving licence
- I am willing to undertake the CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) and additional training - the CBT+ Certificate
- I am able pay the upfront payment and regular loan payments required for the duration of the loan
- I am able to pay the required insurance excess in the event of a an accident, damage or theft
- I will comply with the terms and conditions of the loan and understand that the loan is for 6 months only
Check current public transport
You can use the Traveline East Midlands website to see if there is any suitable public transport available to get you to your place of work or training. If there is reasonable transport available, you won’t be eligible for a Wheels to Work Moped.
Check your address
Quickly check your postcode
It’s a good idea to check if you should apply to the Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire scheme – sometimes your address might be in a different county than you think! Please also check that your Postcode is in the eligible areas if you are from County Durham.
Find your district
If you live in Nottingham City then unfortunately we cannot help you, and suggest you check Nottingham City Council's website for similar schemes operating in your area. If you live outside Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, you can search for Wheels to Work schemes elsewhere in the country on the Wheels to Work Association’s website.
Alternative method of checking your address eligibility
You can use this website to check. Just put in your postcode, tick the box that says “Local Authority” and on the next page it will tell you what your local council is. You live in Nottinghamshire if this is Ashfield, Bassetlaw, Broxtowe, Gedling, Mansfield, Newark and Sherwood, Rushcliffe. You live in Derbyshire if your local council is Amber Valley, Bolsover, Erewash, Chesterfield, North East Derbyshire, High Peak, Derbyshire Dales, Derby City or South Derbyshire. If you live in Nottingham City then unfortunately we cannot help you, and suggest you check Nottingham City Council's website for similar schemes operating in your area.
Start the application process
Complete an enquiry form, or just give us a call.
If you are happy that there is no suitable public transport to get you to work, that you meet the eligibility criteria for the scheme and you know if you live in Nottinghamshire or Derbyshire, or the eligible County Durham areas, then please complete an enquiry form. You can find this on our apply now page, or contact us by e-mail or phone and we“ll send you out the full application pack.
Once we have your enquiry form and have done some initial checks, we will send you out a full application pack. Please return the application pack with proof of employment/training or education and a copy of your drivers licence (moped applicants only)
If you have applied for the Moped Loan scheme, we will need to arrange a time to meet with you to discuss the contract. If you have applied for the bicycle scheme, we will be in touch to let you know what the next steps are.