Can I apply?
You need to be able to answer yes to the statements below:
- I live in Derbyshire (there are some exceptions if you live in Derby City)
- I have a firm offer of a job, training course or college place, and am able to produce written proof; OR
- I am already in work, training or college, but am struggling to get there; OR
- I have checked, and there is no easy public transport for my journey
- I am at least 16 years old
- If under 18, I have my parents’ or guardians’ consent to join the scheme
For a reconditioned bicycles only:
- I understand that I need to make an appointment to collect a reconditioned bicycle
For moped loan only:
- I have, or have applied for, a provisional driving licence
- I am willing to undertake the CBT (Compulsory Basic Training) and additional training (CBT+)
- I am able pay the upfront payment and regular loan payments required for the duration of the loan
- I am able to pay the required insurance excess in the event of an accident, damage or theft
- I will comply with the terms and conditions of the loan and understand that the loan is for 6 months only
Check current public transport
You can use the Traveline website to see if there is any suitable public transport available to get you to your place of work or training. If there is reasonable transport available, you won’t be eligible for a Wheels to Work Moped.
Check your address
Quickly check your postcode
Please also check that your Postcode is a Derbyshire postcode.
Start the application process
You can either contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call 01629 592 976 and we'll send you out the full application pack.
Please return the application pack with proof of employment/training or education. If you have applied for a moped loan, you will also need to send us a copy of your driver's licence.
If you have applied for the Moped Loan scheme, we will be in touch about your application and next steps, including how to make the initial payment and book your training. We will also arrange a time with you to go through the contract.
If you have applied for the bicycle scheme, we will be in touch with you about your application and voucher for a bicycle.